On 8 July 2021, Bruce D'Arcus wrote:

And the implementation challenges raised by John Kitchin and Joost
Kremers (namely the candidate list is different) make this better to
deal with using a different mechanism.

As a package developer that supports org-cite, I really don't want to
be worrying about internal references and such.

And as a user, I don't see the benefit of doing so.

Effectively, these seem more like org internal links.

I agree with all this. Personally, I'd never expect a citation system like this to handle internal references. The way librarians think about citations and referencing, these are different.

Bill

--
William Denton
https://www.miskatonic.org/