Ivan Nedrehagen <ivann...@broadpark.no> writes:

> På Wed, 03 Jun 2009 10:57:47 +0200, skrev Chris Gray
> <chrismg...@gmail.com>:
>
>> You can add a deadline that repeats every week for the task.
>>
>> ** TODO Do weekly task
>>    DEADLINE: <2009-06-03 Wed +1w>
>>
>> Cheers,
>> Chris
>
> Yes this does almost do the trick, but with one annoying feature.
> It changes the state back to TODO immediatly after it is done so
> it still shows up in my agenda as a TODO item. So it looks for me like
> I never have done my repeating items, and I have to check the date to
> be sure.

Which TODO list are you referring to?

   1) The todos on your scheduled agenda (C-c a a)?

   2) The list of all your todos (C-c a t)?

If #1, then you can change the amount of lead time for the agenda with
the following:

 ** TODO Do weekly task
    DEADLINE: <2009-06-03 Wed +1w -3d>

This will cause the todo item to show up on your agenda no sooner than
three days before it is due.

If #2, you might want to check the following variables:

org-agenda-todo-ignore-deadlines
org-agenda-todo-ignore-with-date

These will keep items with deadlines out of your general TODO list. You
can set these globally or use them as local variables in custom agenda
commands.

Regards,

Matt