Thank you professor Kitchin.

Our org-LaTeX-pdf-process differ only for the "-f" option, so I don't
think that's the cause. However, it turned out that biber was NOT
installed with my TeX distribution. After installing it, it all worked
well. Sorry if this actually silly error got some headaches.

Daniel, thanks for your suggestion. Your advice and professor Kitchin's
answer actually questioned me: I know basically nothing about the
differences between LaTeX, biblatex and CSL, so I think I need to
investigate that before deciding wich one to use.

Thanks again,
Alessandro Bertulli