On 23/07/2022 12:01, Ihor Radchenko wrote:
Juan Manuel Macías writes:

Here is a new version of the patch, with the fixes added.

Thanks! Considering that the followup discussion deviated from the
substance of the patch towards related design issues,

I believed that the subject of discussion is how much values should be added to the alist in addition to babel and polyglossia options: fontenc, paper size, etc.

I hope, not so much third party packages use the changed variables, so committing the patch can hardly be harmful even in the case of additional change of the list format in future.