Bastien <bastiengue...@googlemail.com> writes:
> Hi David,
>
> Matthew Lundin <m...@imapmail.org> writes:
>
>> So the good news is: You can already do everything you mention with
>> org-mode and git. Just clone a bare repository somewhere and allow
>> others to push and pull from it.
>
> I second Matthew on this.  All the wiki-like features you mentioned can
> be "emulated" with Emacs + Org-mode + a distributed versioning system.

Hm - suppose your not at home, but abroad or working somewhere and you

a) have internet access to your files through a browser only,
b) use one of those cheep hosting packadges out there.

How about editing *.org pages like this:

  - http://www.yvoschaap.com/instantedit/
    (click anywhere and edit the text inline)

  - http://jqueryui.com/demos/datepicker/

  - http://dojocampus.org/explorer/#Dijit_Inline Edit Box_Auto Save

  - ...

What you need then, is an engine, that displays *.org files as HTML on
the fly, creates locks as needed (concurrent edits), authorization and
storage. In adition, one could use emacs + git/mtn/whatever to edit the
wiki in her favourite editor (org-protocol://open-source://).

I'd love to have a simple run-everywhere solution at hand (my laptop has
died lately...).

   Sebastian