I just usually put those in the cal manually, with a date if they have
"unusual" recurrences that can;t be denoted by the standard datestamp
recurrences . =]

Though for religious holidays like Easter and, I imagine, some lunar based
ones, I imagine it might be handy. But honestly, I am surprised people use
them anymore. I certainly have managed to avoid them up to now. They feel
slightly anachronistic (much like putting in dates without timezones... =]
).

D.