Hello Ihor, Lux and all,

On Aug 8, 2023, at 14:55, Ihor Radchenko <yanta...@posteo.net> wrote:

> lux <l...@shellcodes.org> writes:
>
>> Hi
>>  To facilitate Chinese users' understanding of Org Mode, I have
>> translated index.org into Simplified Chinese. Please review it.
>
> Thanks!
> However, we already have another, more complete translation pending.
> See https://list.orgmode.org/orgmode/sdvzg71zzor....@netyu.xyz/

Thank you, Ihor, for mentioning my translation.

I had been busy for a few months (and will be for a while as far as I know),
and don’t currently have the energy to push the translation further until
probably early October.  However, I believe what I had done was pretty much
complete (apart from the changelog etc that are pointless to translate), so,
Lux, please try to make improvements to it first (by, I guess, comparing your
translation with mine and determining what needs rewording).  Getting that
patchset installed would help the lot of Chinese speaking users in
understanding Org better.

FWIW, all my translation work was done before my employment status changed (and
the patchset consisted of almost no real code), so I have no concern with
seeing it installed without having gotten the employer disclaimer.

P.S.: I do still scan over the Emacs mailing lists daily, but I’m only on
mobile where I am not fully equipped for email conversations nor sending
patches. :)

--

RY