Matt <m...@excalamus.com> writes:

>  ---- On Mon, 30 Jan 2023 14:41:18 +0100  Ihor Radchenko  wrote ---
>
>  > The following libraries have no maintainer or author active on the list:
>
>  > ob-comint, ob-core, ...
>
> I'm interested (and technically still maintainer of ob-shell). ob-comint and
> ob-core are both used by ob-shell, so I've looked at good bits of both.  I'd
> be willing to work on those.

Thanks!

> Until the disclaimer language gets resolved, I may be able to help in other
> ways.  I have notes explaining the ob- API
> (https://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/emacs-orgmode/2023-02/msg00531.html).
> Maybe if that were completed, it would make being a maintainer more
> approachable for people?  I'd also be happy to mentor new maintainers.  What
> other ways might I help?

You may help by confirming bug reports, discussing new features, and
providing idea about how to fix things.

For example, check out
- Discussion about merging header arguments:
https://list.orgmode.org/8735451u20....@gmail.com/
- Discussion about :results header arg:
https://list.orgmode.org/orgmode/87sf9x8n38.fsf@localhost/
- Some ob-shell Windows-only bug:
https://list.orgmode.org/orgmode/87y1rbeohp.fsf@localhost/
- Some weird edge cases related to comint and command that read key:
  https://list.orgmode.org/orgmode/878re5g0ir.fsf@localhost/

You also do not need FSF assignment to contribute to WORG documentation.
Your example babel template may go there.

> I'd also be happy to mentor new maintainers.

It would also be nice to help people who submit patches to
ob-core/ob-comint, by suggesting improvements and answering their
questions. These people are the perspective maintainers - we should
better help them early :)

--
Ihor Radchenko // yantar92,
Org mode contributor,