I'm going to defer these changes for now.  It seems like it would be easier to
handle renaming one function/variable at a time.  Renaming requires creating an
alias mapping between the old name and the new one.  Any subsequent refactoring
would require updating the mapping.  It seems better to do any non-naming
refactoring and then handle aliasing and obsoleting in order to minimize the
number of changes that need to happen.  Also, renaming now invalidates any
references, like in my notes or documentation.

I have questions regarding development that I'll ask in a different subject
thread.

--
Matt Trzcinski
Emacs Org contributor (ob-shell)