Ihor Radchenko writes:

> Upon looking closer into selective removal, it turned out to be more
> tricky than I thought. I'm afraid that using \\[0pt] only in some places
> may become a bit of headache to maintain - we may accidentally break
> certain regexp replacements in `org-latex-verse-block'. In particular,
> when verse contents is not straightforward and uses \\[0pt].
>
> Given that `org-latex-line-break-safe' also introduced the problem with
> verse blocks, I decided that it is better to remove it at the end.

LaTeX code generated without org-latex-line-break-safe is much cleaner.
The decision to make this variable obsolete seems correct to me, if
there is already a better and more discreet solution. I don't know if it
will cause many problems with custom settings and filters written in
relation to this variable, as Maxim commented in a previous email... I
hope not. I have a couple of filters written already, but I don't think
it will take much work for me to readjust them.

Best regards,

Juan Manuel