Hunter Jozwiak <hunter.t....@gmail.com> writes:

>>> +             (host (cdr (assq :host params)))
>>> +             (port (cdr (assq :port params)))
>>
>> Please declare these new scheme-specific header argument in
>> `org-babel-header-args:scheme'.
>> See `org-babel-header-args:C' for an example.
>> This is necessary for header argument completion to work.

> Okay. Is there a way to tighten these inputs further? I have them set to
> :any for the moment, but I wonder if there is a way to leverage the
> values for `geiser-repl-default-host` and `geiser-repl-default-port`.

Org-mode currently does not provide completion for header argument
values. (see `pcomplete/org-mode/block-option/src')

If Org were to support such completion, you could theoretically allow
special values for :host/:port like default:

#+begin_src scheme :host default :port default
#+end_src

to use `geiser-repl-default-host'/`...-port'.

Then, you could add these values as (default :any).

>>> -          (and (not (string= session "none")) session)))) ; session
>>> +          (and (not (string= session "none")) session)  host port))) ;
>>> session
>>
>> This does not look right. Your change will disable session support
>> completely when host and port are not provided.
> Is there a way to test this and pinpoint the problem?

Hmm. I just realized that I am reading that line wrongly - host and port
are additional arguments passed to
`org-babel-scheme-execute-with-geiser', not a part of
(and (not ...) host port)

So, my only comment remaining is to put each argument in its own line,
like it is done for all the previous arguments:

(org-babel-scheme-execute-with-geiser
               full-body                       ; code
               (string= result-type "output")  ; output?
               impl                            ; implementation
               (and (not (string= session "none")) session) ; session
               host ; repl host name
               port) ; repl port

That will make the code more readable.

--