>>>>> "Fraga," == Fraga, Eric <e.fr...@ucl.ac.uk> writes:

    Fraga,> Hello,

    Fraga,> I'm not entirely sure if I am missing something but, in case

thanks, it was more that I was missing something. I tried to combine
links and macros in a naive ways (without much studying the manual), so
I thought perhaps nesting is not possible (or there is another way).

Your suggestion solves my "problem" and makes the set-up a bit more
"parametric" and easier to adapt, without that one forgets some bits,
which is very nice.

best, Martin

    Fraga,> it helps, macros can themselves invoke other macros and
    Fraga,> macros can make use of [[target][desc]] syntax directly.
    Fraga,> Can you not build up a hierarchy of macros that would
    Fraga,> achieve what you want, along these lines:

    Fraga,> #+macro: link [[file:t.org][$1]]

    Fraga,> #+macro: target {{{link($1)}}}

    Fraga,> This is some text where I can look at {{{target(blah)}}}

    Fraga,> HTH, eric

    Fraga,> -- : Eric S Fraga, with org release_9.6.19-1230-g407a55 in
    Fraga,> Emacs 30.0.50