Max Nikulin <maniku...@gmail.com> writes:

> On 05/06/2024 22:06, Ihor Radchenko wrote:
>> `org-fold-core-style' text-properties is going to be obsoleted.
>> I tried to support isearch, but it is ultimately an uphill battle
>> against bugs popping out here and there.
>
> I have seen these words in another thread, but I did not expect a
> regression in comparison to 9.6.

I had to do it because `org-fold-core-style' 'overlays was broken with
the previous implementation. I could avoid regression risking to
introduce other bugs, but ultimately decided that it is not worth it in
the long run - there *will* be more bugs related to text properties.

Between keeping a bug for overlay folding, not breaking the link search,
and writing more workarounds for text properties, I chose the first
option. I did not find any better solution.

> At least search in folded headers and drawers works, but without search
> in link targets 9.7 is hardly usable for daily usage for me. I have not
> tested yet to which degree overlays are painful for my notes file.

Remember that older Org mode also did not have link paths searchable.
But you can always (1) disable org-link-descriptive; (2) enable
search-invisible.

--
Ihor Radchenko // yantar92,
Org mode contributor,