Visuwesh <visuwe...@gmail.com> writes:

>>> This is more of a FR than a bug but it would be nice to have working
>>> replot-on-resize when the gnuplot terminal is qt, x11, etc.  To have
>>> this functional, the data-file needs to be not deleted.
>>
>> It should be doable.
>> We can simply use `org-babel-temp-stable-file' and leave cleaning up to
>> `org-babel-remove-temporary-stable-directory'.
>
> The data writing functions themselves require a filename so the file
> content cannot be used as DATA to org-babel-temp-stable-file.  What
> should be DATA instead? (list table params)?

All the things that contribute to what is written to the data file:

;; Dump table to datafile
      (let ((dump-func (plist-get type :data-dump)))
        (if dump-func
            (funcall dump-func table data-file num-cols params)
          (org-plot/gnuplot-to-data table data-file params)))

So, you can set DATA to (list (or dump-func 'org-plot/gnuplot-to-data) table
num-cols params)

--
Ihor Radchenko // yantar92,
Org mode contributor,