emacs-orgm...@city17.xyz writes:

> Will a CVE be released?

Should be, I think.
If nobody reports it independently by tomorrow, I will look into how to
request a CVE number myself.

> ... I am interested if there are mitigating factors
> such as using `emacs -nw` (without GUI), thus no possible preview of the
> attachments (IIUC).

AFAIK, previewing attachments is not disabled by "no GUI" - preview in
this context simply means fontification using major mode of the attached
files.

To disable email previews, see `mm-inline-media-tests'.

Note that you cannot easily work around the problem when opening an
actual Org file. You would either have to advice the problematic Org
function, or cherry-pick the relevant commit from the release.

--
Ihor Radchenko // yantar92,
Org mode contributor,