Hi Xavier,

> a) I doing some non urgent (planned) DBA tasks (call this project A)
> b) someone calls me (interrupting Project A)
> c) I am doing what urgency of b) is needed
> d) when c) is finished, I get back to project A

I think the Time Clocking
section<http://doc.norang.ca/org-mode.html#sec-7.2>of this
document <http://doc.norang.ca/org-mode.html%20> by Bernt Hansen would be
quite helpful in your case. In fact, the entire document is excellent
reading for getting things done using org-mode.

Thanks,
Vedang

On Tue, Aug 4, 2009 at 11:27 AM, Xavier Maillard<x...@gnu.org> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am not a serious org-mode user but I am trying to use it again
> for daily task planning (which everytime I tried, failed at ;)).
>
> I did my lectures thanks to the worg project (Bernst and John
> lecture were a real pleasure and sort of a non hittable dream to
> me) but I still not clear how I could take advantage of all I
> read (Bernst project concept is rather hard to understand for
> me, it lacks examples IMO).
>
> My main problem is that, at my work position (DBA), urgency is
> not given by what I plan to do but by whom is calling me -i.e if
> someone is calling me, it often means "forget what you were doing
> and do this instead".
>
> Given my fabulous talent of procrastination, this does not really
> help get organized and thus this does not help in getting things
> done.
>
> How would you use org-mode in this situation ?
>
> Ex:
>
> a) I doing some non urgent (planned) DBA tasks (call this project A)
> b) someone calls me (interrupting Project A)
> c) I am doing what urgency of b) is needed
> d) when c) is finished, I get back to project A
>
> At my job, they often rules the "retro planning" concept which is
> bloat. So how would you "manage" such situation in org-mode ?
>
> Thank you,
>
> Xavier

Unix is simple. It takes a genius to understand it's simplicity.    -
 Anon
People think it must be fun to be a super genius, but they don't realize how
hard it is to put up with all the idiots in the world.    -    Calvin.

Cheers,
Vedang.

Associate Software Engineer,
Symantec