Christian Moe <m...@christianmoe.com> writes:

>>  after my clunky publishing chain from org to gitbook with multipage
>> page output broke down recently I finally decided to tackle adding an
>> export backend for multipage html output to org-export.
>>
>> (... snip ...)
>>
>> - Is there widespread interest to fully integrate it into org mode?
>
> It would be nice to have.
>
> Conceptually, I'd see it as fitting into org-publish, perhaps, rather
> than as an exporter? With org-publish-project-alist as a convenient
> place to set up various options?

Not really. ox-publish is more about exporting multiple input
.org/non-.org files into outputs.

I'd rather see this kind of feature being a part of ox.el - an option to
export one .org to many smaller files. Currently, we only have an option
to export one .org (or part of it) to a single string/file. (And then,
ox-odt has to try various kludges to make things work as expected with
.odt, which consist of multiple files under the hood).

--
Ihor Radchenko // yantar92,
Org mode contributor,