Li Yuxiao <outlook_c8aac3a1e772d...@outlook.com> writes:

> When I tried to type table between \between \end blocks, for example
> \begin{pmatrix}
> \* table contents *\
> \end{pmatrix}
>
> The table contents are not recognized. For instance, I can't use Tab to
> go to next line. It turns out the result of org-at-table-p is nil. I
> deleted all my configurations, but it doesn't get recognized as well.
> I'm quite new to emacs, and I can't figure out why. Any instructions on
> solving the problem or how to debug is appreciated. Thanks for your
> assistance!

This is because text between \begin{...}...\end{...} is considered
verbatim LaTeX - Org mode markup is not recognized inside. Instead, Org
will pass the whole text inside this "latex environment" directly to
LaTeX, without any processing. (see
https://orgmode.org/manual/LaTeX-fragments.html)

If you want to enter Org mode table, you should _not_ use LaTeX
\begin{...}...\end{...} markup.

In short, if you want Org table features, use Org markup for tables.

Feel free to ask anything if you still feel confused.

Not a bug.
Canceled.

--
Ihor Radchenko // yantar92,