I have found that on Vanilla Emacs, it's "C-j".

And with Vertico, it's "Alt-Enter".

I wonder if we need to document it. In the docstring of
"org-cite-insert" and in the documentation. Of course, not mentioning
every possible shortcut. But at least telling how the command
"org-cite-insert" behave. And the general idea of how user can stop the
reference selection.