On 8/17/24 08:12, Ihor Radchenko wrote:
Ihor Radchenko <yanta...@posteo.net> writes:

i had another go:

- i made a purely lorem ipsum org file (can share if needed)
- loaded a minimal emacs config (the one i use for testing/debugging
mastodon.el, can share)
- loaded a really minimal org config (can share if needed)
- loaded the org file
- repeated the already mentioned steps, triggering the error.

with this test file, when the error is triggered, the way the file breaks is
that a second-level TODO heading is split after the first star, becoming a
top-level heading with a single star on a previous line (often, not sure if
always, i think other breakages happen also, with my original file other
breakages happened).

A full reproducer I can follow from emacs -Q (or make repro) would be very nice.

May I know if you had a time to look into creating a reproducer?

Hi Ihor,

i don't know what that is, nor how to do that, and i don't know org's codebase
at all. I'm not a professional programmer. I thought if I reproduced it with a
lorem ipsum file and minimal config it would be reproducible outside my own
setup.