Morgan Smith <[email protected]> writes:

> I have now adjusted to patch series to use git submodules.

> I've made "org-dependencies.el" print out exactly what commands you need
> to run.

LGTM.

> I've completely removed the cleanpkg target.  Not really sure what to do
> there as I've handed over control of compiling everything to emacs's
> builtin "package.el".  Maybe figuring that out can wait until after this
> is merged?

What about pointing package dir to deps/compiled or something similar?
Then, make clean/make cleanpkg can simply remove that.

make clean is important.
I just did the following:

1. make uppkg EMACS=emacs-29
2. make EMACS=emacs-28
3. make uppkg EMACS=emacs-28 # does nothing

and got a number of errors because the installed version of compat is
for newer Emacs. The only way to fix this is removing deps/compat-*, but
that's not obvious.

-- 
Ihor Radchenko // yantar92,
Org mode maintainer,
Learn more about Org mode at <https://orgmode.org/>.
Support Org development at <https://liberapay.com/org-mode>,
or support my work at <https://liberapay.com/yantar92>

Reply via email to