At Fri, 02 Oct 2009 10:52:37 -0400,
Matt Lundin wrote:
> Do you use ledger.el, which comes with the ledger source? It makes it
> very easy to enter new items and to invoke ledger commands from within a
> ledger file. I also find it indispensable for reconciling accounts.

Thanks Matt.

I do use the ledger mode (of course ;-) and it helps for adding and
reconciling.  It's the viewing of balances and the register for
specific accounts that I find is missing (i.e. just 'reg' and 'bal'
commands on the command line).  It would be nice if, for instance, a
small window could show a subset of the output of ledger, updated with
any change made to the ledger.  It can obviously be done by executing
a shell command within emacs, of course (cf. the watch command already
suggested!).

But the integration with org-mode via org-babel is so seductive...
and nothing is lost in terms of ledger.el in that it can still be used
to edit the source code block?

Thanks again,
eric