On Tue, Dec 8, 2009 at 12:21 PM, Carsten Dominik
<carsten.domi...@gmail.com>wrote:

> On Dec 7, 2009, at 9:15 PM, JBash wrote:
>

>> This is not working quite right for me...
>> I pulled the latest beamer branch from git this morning and installed it.
>>  I am getting the export to latex, but no columns in the beamer (tex) and
>> resulting pdf file.  There is a title frame, a TOC (blank) frame, and then a
>> single frame titled "This is the first structural section".  All other
>> elements are nested itemized lists on that single slide.
>>
>> I manually copied the org-beamer.el file to my site-lisp area.  Is that
>> supposed to be installed along with the other org files?
>>
>> I had also previously defined org-latex-export-classes, and have removed
>> that from my .emacs file.
>>
>> I am also seeing an unexpected error the *second* (and subsequent) time I
>> export (without changes to the org file) to to PDFabout a column-width
>> function:
>>
>> Select command:
>> Exporting to PDF...
>> Exporting to LaTeX...
>> org-beamer-open-column: Symbol's function definition is void:
>> org-beamer-add-units-to-column-width
>>

> Ah, I changed the name of this function, but not in all places, sorry about
> that.
>
> Fixed now.
>
> - Carsten
>

>> If I restart emacs, I can export again (1 time) without these errors.
>>
>> If this points to something obvious in my configuration, please let me
>> know.  I suspect I have something strangely configured, as no one else is
>> having these issues.
>>
>> Thanks,
>> Jerry
>>

> - Carsten

Great.  I pulled the latest and the problem is solved.  Thanks very much,
Carsten.

I don't know if you're looking for this level in anomalies at this point in
the process of beamer support... if so, I am still getting an unexpected
behavior on the first export to latex / build pdf.  When I first open emacs
and load the test file, the resulting pdf file does not have columns or the
specified theme (appears to be the default theme instead).  Subsequent
exports/builds work fine.

Thanks again.
Jerry