On 05.04.2010 12:07, Jan Böcker wrote:
> On 05.04.2010 02:33, Luke Amdor wrote:
>> Hi guys, I believe I found one little thing that this patch broke. That
>> is linking to either a text search or heading search in a different org
>> file. I've attached two files which illustrate this. The first file
>> test.org <http://test.org> contains a link to a heading search of "*
>> Hello" in the other file (other.org <http://other.org>). Let me know if
>> you need any more information. Thanks.
>>
>> Luke
>>

> Hi Luke,
>
> this works for me.
> [snip]

I have looked into this some more.
Take a look at the variable org-file-apps and check if there is any
entry that matches your link and tells Org not to visit it in emacs. The
patch may make it a little easier to break things by misconfiguring
org-file-apps.

If you cannot get it to work, please post the contents of your
org-file-apps variable and describe what exactly happens when you follow
the link in test.org (nothing at all? some error message? anything
helpful in the *Messages* buffer?).

HTH, Jan