On May 20, 2010, at 5:25 PM, David Maus wrote:

Carsten Dominik wrote:

Actually - this seems to work for me just fine...
Don't know why, because I know that statement in the Emacs Lisp manual
as well.

Ah, maybe there are different Emacs versions in play? 23.1.90.1 is the
one I jut now tried.  It does not work in Emacs 22.

Here it's 23.1.1, shipped with Debian GNU/Linux "Sid".

I would like to still support Emacs 22, so I think we should change
how the hash is written out, my using maphash to draw out the key/
value pairs when writing, and puthash to build the cache when reading.

I've put it on my list for the upcoming weekend.

Please check with Sebastian to avoid double work.

Thanks!

- Carsten