Dear all,
I have a question which may look like it is already answered but the solutions
provided in previous threads don't really work for me. FYI, I am using a Linux
Mint Isadora distribution and I tried to run org-mode both in a console-session
of emacs (emacs -nw) and in an emacs GUI. I have tried to set an audible
reminder for my appointments using:
(setq appt-audible t)
For some reason, this does not seem to work (the visible reminder works just
fine). I am sure it does not have to do with volume as it works fine with other
apps. BTW, the code I am using is collected from various threads and given that
I know next to nothing in LISP, I can safely assume that this is probably the
reason the whole audible reminder thing is not working....
I was wondering whether anyone out there could provide a bit of code to set
audible reminders in org-mode (preferably working in a console too). I am
teaching young people to use emacs and org-mode to do their research and
running emacs in a console is probably the best thing to do to to stop them
from getting distracted from menus, toolbars and other things!
Thanks a lot for taking the time to read my (rather) lengthy message.
-Evita