Hi Eric

Eric S Fraga <ucec...@ucl.ac.uk> writes:

>> Alas, there seems no description of the possible syntactical variants
>> available on the web.
>
> Yes, Google do not appear to be very forthcoming with their parsing
> algorithms.  I had to do a lot of trial and error, especially to
> support block entries, and I think the result is fragile at best.

So far it works with the language of GoogleCalendar set to US English.

>>   2. We have to isolate the time of day from the diary-entry as a
>>      further variable (not as part of the variable "text"), so that
>>      Germans can format the command correctly. Can you help me with
>>      that?
>
> I this moment (swamped with a project application), all I can suggest
> is you look at org's time parsing codes for handling new agenda
> entries.  The text must be parsed somewhere...  If you use the same
> code within the advice, you should be able to pick off the times.
>
> I'll add this to my todo list but I won't get a chance to play anytime
> soon unfortunately.

Yes, I see. Same for me. I think we can live with this workaround for the
moment. Probably (hopefully), GoogleCL will be developped in a way more
suited in the near future. Until that happens, we can suggest people to
use an English setting of GoogleCalendar. Most org users will probably
use Google as a secondary method anyway.

>> That's also my work flow, except of using org-remember "k-r" instead of
>> "i". I like to have everything in one org-file. But I can get used to
>> keep my appointments in a separate diary file. I can refile them to the
>> appropriate places during the "weekly review" which, then, ends with the
>> upload of a new ics file.
>
> Can the diary file not be your all-in-one org file?

As far as I see, the entries created by the "diary method" can't be
configured according to level and exact location within the diary.org
file. The entries are written in a tree structure beginning with the
year at the beginning of the file. This would spoil the organization
structure of my main org file.

Thanks very much for your help,

Sven