Hi Don

Don March <don.ma...@gmail.com> writes:

> Implementing the \enquote solution proposed by Sven Bretfeld would a
> fix for this, but that would probably have to be optional.  So I was
> working on a regexp fix for this, but then I realized that there's a
> host of cases where the beginning quote isn't recognized as beginning
> because there isn't whitespace in front of it, such as when a quote
> starts a parenthetical ("like this").  Maybe the solution is to use
> the list of "allowed chars in pre" from
> org-emphasis-regexp-components?

The different styles of quotation marks needed for different languages
might also be a problem for a regexp solution. I'm using the \enquote
method since quite a while and write English and German text in that way
without further user interference. \enquote just picks the correct
version in dependency of the babel environment.

Greetings,

Sven