On Thu, Nov 11, 2010 at 5:18 PM, Samuel Wales <samolog...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi John,
>
> On 2010-11-11, John Hendy <jw.he...@gmail.com> wrote:

That should be in your actual .org file. See below.

> I presume that this is the same as what I tried in elisp.  That did not
> work.
>
> Thanks for your detail of your publishing routine.  That helps me know
> what the state of the art is.
>
> It looks like org can't yet export to whatever it is that Blogger
> requires.  So I will just paste in plain text and forget about
> formatting and emphasis for now.  I am limited in typing so doing that
> by hand is beyond what I can do.

Your call. I really don't endure much with this. Also, see below as your
comment actually refreshed my mind about how easy this really is.

> > - C-c C-e R to export the region
>
> A documentation note: the manual has me confused about these:
>
> ===
> C-c C-e H
>    Export to a temporary buffer, do not create a file.
> C-c C-e R
>     Export the active region to a temporary buffer. With a
>    prefix argument, do not produce the file header and
>    footer, but just the plain HTML section for the region.
>    This is good for cut-and-paste operations.
> ===
>
> I expected the former to detect an active region.  Also it wasn't
> clear at first that it operated on the whole file instead of a
> subtree.  I expected something like "subtree unless prefix arg or
> active region" for a single command.

Yes! I didn't remember this. The "prefix argument" is C-u (in case you did
not know that... I had no idea when I first saw that). This works
fantastically. *That's* how I was doing it when I was really in the groove.
So, here's my updated method:

- Write some stuff
- Select it (move to beginning of what you want, C-space, move to end of
what you want)
- C-u C-c C-e R to export that region with no preamble to a separate buffer
- C-x C-w export.txt
- to terminal: perl -pi -e ' s/\R/ /g; s/\<p\>//g; s/\<\/p\>/\n\n/g;'
 export.txt
- back to emacs: C-x C-f export.txt; type "yes"
- M-< to go to front of buffer, C-space, M-> to go to end, M-w to copy
- Paste into basic blogger edit box
- Done

Re. the first part... just take this and save it as an org file in an emacs
buffer.

-------
#+AUTHOR:    Samuel Wales

* Heading 1
** Sub Heading 1
Start. Here is some text that I am writing to test exporting. Here is some
text that I am writing to test exporting. Here is some text that I am
writing to test exporting. Here is some text that I am writing to test
exporting. Here is some text that I am writing to test exporting. Here
is some text that I am writing to test exporting. Here is some text
that I am writing to test exporting. End.

Then do the above with the blob from: "Start. Here is..." ---> "...to test
exporting. End."

John

Thanks.