Hi John

Actually, this comes down to the point which was discussed already sometimes. Creating a org-mode API which could be accessed from CLI-tools was well as from other programs (Thunderbird and Firfox plugins come to my mind but Conky and other programs might use it to extract data from org-mode too.) A nice definition of functions which can be used to interact with org-mode of a emacs-daemon would be perfect.

In my opinion a very interesting idea and maybe a somehow missing to allow a even more tied integration org-mode in once personal work-flow.

Greetings

Torsten