Thanks for the replies.
This is unfortunate.  I was hoping to easily change the font of those
non-headline/checklist to a variable width font, but keep the headline stuff
in fixed width.
Since it's the default font, if I change the default, then I'd have to
change every other font to fixed.
...that's a bit too much work, I think.

So I agree with Sébastien.

Cheers.