You could probably hack something up with a shell source code block that uses sed to find and display text between two delimiters, and then dump the results to the org-mode file.

On Mar 30, 2011 5:44pm, Robert Goldman <rpgold...@sift.info> wrote:
On 3/30/11 Mar 30 -4:33 PM, Nick Dokos wrote:

> Robert Goldman rpgold...@sift.info> wrote:

>> I would like to do the opposite of literate programming (hence the

>> subject line!):

>> I would like to pull into my org file snippets from a code file. I know

>> that org-mode will let me import /entire/ source code files. Is there

>> some way to say "Import the region of this file between these two

>> delimiters?"

>> If not, do you think it would be hard to add this feature? I already

>> have the snappy name, after all!

> I don't really understand: can't you cut and paste?

Yes, but if I cut and paste the text of the code that I am describing

may change out from under my text. If I import the code, it stays in

sync (at least when the document is exported).

Honestly, I was tempted to do the literate programming thing with babel,

but was concerned that it might not work well as a multiple-author thing

(I would be writing the document, but someone else might be modifying

the code and might find org-babel confusing).

> And what do you mean that "org-mode will let me import /entire/ source code

> files"? Is this a facility other than insert-file? Or are you talking about

> the #+INCLUDE mechanism?

Yes, I was talking about #+INCLUDE. I was really wondering if there

mightn't be something like

#+INCLUDE ~/myfile.lisp :from "(defun sample-function" :to "; end

sample-function"

[sorry --- that's word-wrapped to further obscurity.]

cheers,