On Thu, Apr 28, 2011 at 8:43 AM, Nick Dokos <nicholas.do...@hp.com> wrote:

> Matt Price <mopto...@gmail.com> wrote:
>

> One thing is to make sure that it is the first select-window which is
> failing:
> there is a second one in there as well. Toggling debug-on-error and getting
> a full backtrace (assuming you are loading .el files and not .elc files)
> would
> take care of that.
>
> If there were any concurrency, I'd suspect a race: you try to select a
> window
> that somebody else killed in the meantime. But I don't think there is
> anything
> like that going in emacs - but I don't know for sure.

I think I'm loading .el files, from the git repository.  And I think it must
be the first select-window failing, because  (get-buffer-window
"*Calendar*") evaluates to nil, while (selected-window) evaluates to a
numbered window.  "*scratch*" also works properly, so there's so mething
very odd about the *Calendar* window.  There must be something strange
happening with the calendar functions -- that's part of the emacs core,
right?  Or should I be worrying about my other packages?

Again, many thanks,
Matt