I've been using both Cyrillic and Latin characters (utf-8) in org mode
and while I see quite a bit of discussion (in the archives and
elsewhere) of various highlighting schemes for programming language
syntax, has anyone ever heard of a way of color-coding different
character sets (such as Cyrillic/Latin)?

On a (somewhat) related note, might someone point me at the face
description(s) used for orgmode definition lists (e.g., foo :: bar)? I
would specifically like to make the 'foo' part of such a definition a
bit more assertive.

Cheers...