Piter_ <x.pi...@gmail.com> writes:

> Hi everybody.
> I keep my notes in one big org file. It have grown big
> One solution could be filtering tree and display only the information I need,
> another id to split it into smaller files by topic.
> I would appreciate a hint on how to do the later.
>
> Thanks.
> Petro.

Hi there,

You could try something like this:  change your Org setup to include

(setq org-refile-use-outline-path 'file)

and then you can `org-refile' headlines in your One Big Org File to
other files, or subtrees of other files.  Use this together with the
`org-sparse-tree' to limit your view by regexp, tags or properties
before refiling; that way the file will appear less big and hairy as you
work.

Good luck!

-WGG