Yes, John is right. Xcode is one-stop shopping for gcc, fortran (!?!?!),
objective-c, all the command-line tools, etc & so on, without having to use
macports or fink or whatever.  And it's a trivial installation.

(Note to non-Mac users; Lion client version comes with no compilation stuff
cuz... well, it's a "client" :)

/fas

--
\V/_