Nick Dokos <nicholas.do...@hp.com> writes:
> So you can either reverse the order, or you can say
>
>   (add-to-list 'load-path "~/.emacs.d/org-mode/contrib/lisp" t)
>
> which will add it to the end of the list.
>
> The two methods are not equivalent, mind you, but in either case the org
> lisp directory will be found before the org contrib lisp directory.

I understand. I didn't realize that add-to-list is stacking entries but
it does make sense that you'd want new entries to override previous
ones and I do see the distinction between the two options (reversing the
stacking order vs putting one at the other end of the list). Thank you
for the explanation.