Hi Giovanni,

You need to put the following lines into your .emacs to sort WORDS and
LINES.

;;;Sort words
 (defun sort-words (reverse beg end)
      "Sort words in region alphabetically, in REVERSE if negative.
    Prefixed with negative \\[universal-argument], sorts in reverse.
    The variable `sort-fold-case' determines whether alphabetic case
    affects the sort order.
    See `sort-regexp-fields'."
      (interactive "*P\nr")
      (sort-regexp-fields reverse "\\w+" "\\&" beg end))

Then to sort words like

apple, mango, oranges, cat, elephant

You need to do

M-x sort-words