Hi Nick,

Nick Dokos <nicholas.do...@hp.com> writes:

> Not quite: the file *is* opened in a buffer (the agenda code opens all the
> files, I presume with find-file-noselect), but the text properties are
> not up to date. It's only when I explicitly visit the buffer
> that they get updated.

I updated the commit using the `font-lock-comment-face' for skipping
commented scheduled/deadline lines -- it now uses comment-start-skip
to skip those lines.  No need to put the # at the beginning of the
line, the optimization here is not significant enough IMHO.

Org now relies on the general font-lock mechanism for comments, and
defines comment-start etc.  See `org-setup-comments-handling'. Yes,
the text properties from font-lock are not always present when the
buffer is not visited, you're right... things seem a bit unpredictable
in this area.

Thanks,

--
 Bastien