Hi Nick,

Nick Daly <nick.m.d...@gmail.com> writes:

> Unfortunately, as shown below, the default sort methods apply:
> deadlines occur after the scheduled events, and we're using the
> deadline-/scheduled-up sorting method instead of the correct -down
> methods:

>From the docstring of `org-agenda-sorting-strategy':

  scheduled-down     Sort by scheduled timestamp, late first

Here "late" means oldest, so the order you get seems okay to me.
Maybe try with deadline-up and scheduled-up and see if it solves
the issue?

Otherwise please send me an minimal example file I can test
directly, those issues are difficult to track down.

Thanks!

--
 Bastien