Hello Paul,
        Here is what I've done :

        1) check you've the org-elpa repository configured :
        my package-archives has this value
(("gnu" . "http://elpa.gnu.org/packages/";)
 ("marmalade" . "http://marmalade-repo.org/packages/";)
 ("melpa" . "http://melpa.milkbox.net/packages/";)
 ("org-elpa" . "http://orgmode.org/elpa/";))
        2) install melpa package from melpa (special handling for the MELPA
repository [github])
        3) exclude org from melpa by adding / customize var package-archive-
exclude-alist. Mine has this value '(("melpa" org)) this is explained on melpa
home
page in customization section (near http://melpa.milkbox.net/#installing).
        4) uninstall org-2013...
        5) exit emacs then install org-20130715 (you should only see a version
like yyyymmdd and no longer see a version with yyyymmdd_hhmm)
        Hope this could help

        Pierre