On 2/28/14, 12:03 PM, John Hendy wrote:
On Fri, Feb 28, 2014 at 10:59 AM, Peter Davis <p...@pfdstudio.com> wrote:
I'm writing a short paper containing tables, images, etc., but I'm getting a
blank page in the PDF output. That is, it's completely blank *except* for
the page number.

Any suggestions on how to trouble-shoot or fix this?
Probably related to image/table float placement. I've had an image on
one page trigger a blank page after it, and if your options or the
size of the image on the next place won't fit on a single page, it
might be skipping that blank one entirely and moving along to the
next.

Is it possible to share the document, or could you try to copy that
.org file, remove the contents of p. 1-4 and 8-9, and then share the
.org file that generates pages 5, 6 (blank), and 7?

Thanks, John. I figured it has something to do with LaTeX float behavior, but I'm trying to understand how to control it through org-mode. I'm attaching a small sample that reproduces the problem.

Thanks!
-pd

--
Peter Davis
The Tech Curmudgeon

#+STARTUP: showeverything logdone
#+LaTeX_CLASS: koma-article
#+LATEX_HEADER: \setlength{\parskip}{2ex plus 4pt minus 2pt}
#+LATEX_HEADER: \setlength{\parindent}{0pt}
#+LATEX_HEADER: \renewcommand{\baselinestretch}{1.0}
#+LATEX_HEADER: \setlength{\topsep}{-10pt}
#+LATEX_HEADER: \setlength{\partopsep}{0pt}
#+LaTeX_CLASS_OPTIONS: [article,letterpaper,times,12pt,listings-bw,microtype]
#+author: Peter Davis (pdavis)
#+title: My Title

#+ATTR_LATEX: :height 5in
[[/Users/peterdavis/Dropbox/Tufts/COMP171/force_a_page_break.png]]

#+ATTR_LATEX: :height 6cm
[[/Users/peterdavis/Dropbox/Tufts/COMP171/AS3_2.png]]

/NOTE:/ User actions are indicated in lowercase letters. Software responses are
indicated in UPPERCASE LETTERS.

* Lexical Analysis

The following table contains the word "blah" a lot.

#+CAPTION:
#+ATTR_LATEX: :align lp{2.75in}p{2.75in}
|----------------+----------------------------------------------------------+-------------------------------------------------------------------------|
| *blah*         | *blah blah blah*                                         |
*blah blah blah blah*                                                   |
|----------------+----------------------------------------------------------+-------------------------------------------------------------------------|
| blah           | blah blah blah                                           |
blah blah blah blah                                                     |
| blah           | blah blah blah                                           |
blah blah blah blah                                                     |
| blah           | blah blah blah                                           |
blah blah blah blah                                                     |
| blah           | blah blah blah                                           |
blah blah blah blah                                                     |
| blah           | blah blah blah                                           |
blah blah blah blah                                                     |
| blah           | blah blah blah                                           |
blah blah blah blah                                                     |
| blah           | blah blah blah                                           |
blah blah blah blah                                                     |
| blah           | blah blah blah                                           |
blah blah blah blah                                                     |

* Storyboard

#+ATTR_LATEX: :height 8.5in
[[/Users/peterdavis/Dropbox/Tufts/COMP171/Storyboard.png]]