Is there a standard way to record the outcomes of certain TODO items? For
example, I had a TODO item to research and come to a decision about part of
the architecture of a software project I'm starting, and I'd like to record
the result of that TODO item, that is, the decision that I made. I found
"closing notes" for TODO items, but that's an option that applies to all
TODO items and seems more intended for brief remarks (to me, at least). Is
using the closing notes functionality my best bet, or is there something
better?

Thanks,
Will