Felix Natter <fnat...@gmx.net> writes:

> So the right way for ox-freeplane.el to be accepted in org-mode is to
> extend or clone ox-freemind.el?

Thats just a technical question, and it seems to make more sense than
starting from scratch. The maintainers accept libs, doesn't matter if
cloned or written from scratch, its more a question of quality and
usefullness.

> Is there a chance that ox-freeplane.el
> will move from contrib/ to lisp/ (when I sign the copyright papers)?

You can have a github repo and make a MELPA package, that way all Emacs
users who use MELPA can easily install your lib. Its not a *must* to
include an Org lib in Org-mode, but if you want to, you need to convince
the maintainers and probably sign the papers, yes.

--
cheers,
Thorsten