Grant Schissler <grant.schiss...@gmail.com> writes:

> That is a nice workaround, but does anyone have any ideas that I could
> continue to use my main org file?  Also, what is meant by
> "the previous state in TYPO_TYP set"?  Thank you very much for the suggestion.

The property thingie is a very fine scalpel: if you have a few of these
APPT headings, then it's probably the way to go.

See (info "(org) TODO extensions"), in particular the "Multiple keyword
sets in one file" subsection for a different way.

But honestly, I have enough appointments and they are so different from
anything else, that a separate file makes sense for me.

--
Nick