Hi Eric,

Eric S Fraga <e.fr...@ucl.ac.uk> writes:

> On Thursday, 12 Feb 2015 at 16:19, Loris Bennett wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> I want to export to LaTeX and refer to tables and code blocks as in the
>> example below.  However a name with a colon, such as 'tab:my_data' used
>> as a variable for a source block fails:
>>
>> org-babel-ref-resolve: Reference 'my_data' not found in this buffer
>
> The problem is that you need to get rid of the empty lines between the
> table information (name, caption) and the actual table:
>
>> My data can be found in Table [[tab:my_data]].
>>
>> #+CAPTION: My data
>> #+NAME: tab:my_data
>>
>> | a | b |
>> |---+---|
>> | 2 | 4 |
>> | 3 | 9 |
>
> Delete the line after the #+name and it will work: if you look at the
> LaTeX, you'll see a table environment around the tabular structure and
> that's needed to get labels that you can referece.
>
> Not sure why the empty line matters, mind you...
>
> HTH,
> eric

In my ECM and in my original posting there are no empty lines between
the table information and the actual table (see attached screenshot of
my original ECM).  However, I can see that in your quoted version above
there is one.

It seems as if at some point extraneous lines are being inserted into my
original posting, although it looks all right to me.  Or it's a case of
the Inverse Emperor's New Newlines and I am too foolish to see them ...

Cheers,

Loris