Hi,
finally I will give a first version not as a patch (my ideas implies some changes in section numbering and I fear to break something as a non-texi user).

*First:*reorganization of Tables part

3. Tables

3.1 Tables operations

3.1.1 Table syntax

    <here the introduction section of 3.1>

3.1.2 The build-in table editor

    <...>

3.1.3 Column width an alignment

3.1.3 Column groups

3.2 The spreadsheet

    <...

         move "Named references" after "Range references"

         swap "Field coordinates in formulas" and "Remote references"

      ...>

3.3 Other functionalities

3.3.1 The Orgtlb minor mode

    <...>

3.3.2 Org-plot

    <...>

*Second:*  in (the new) § 3.1.1 add

    A table can be named for references operations ( in other tables <link to "Remote
reference in §3.5.1> or in source code <link to 14.8.2.1> ) babel Remote references)
using #+NAME: option:

    <here an exemple>

    Furthermore, during export (see ...) a caption can be attached to the table
using #+CAPTION: option :

    <here an exemple>

    <part "Image an tables" can be modified consequently>

If you think this can be a good idea, I will try to encore it in texi without breaking the file...

Thierry

Hi,
   I will try to make a patch.
Thierry