OMG (facepalm). I *thought* I had already tried that, since it's the obvious thing to do.

Thanks for your help.

On 15-04-30 02:32 AM, thomas wrote:
indenting the table should do the trick:

===================

1. blah blah
   yatta yatta
  | m | n | foo |
  | x | y | z   |

and this text should be part of item 1. That is the real problem - a paragraph AFTER the table which should
    belong to item 1.

2. This is the next item. I could use a cookie here to force start at 2, I know.

- thomas