On Fri, 29 Oct 1999, DE WEERD <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Kai Großjohann wrote:
>>
>> DE WEERD, Mario <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

[...]

>> > - When I do a check in, my frame layout is messed up & color coding
>> > is lost.
>>
>> I just tested this, and 1.182 seems to do this fine. I vaguely recall
>> that a couple of dozen versions ago there was a change to restore the
>> window configuration after a VC checkin.
>>
>> [Checking...]  Ah, the fix was from Daniel Pittman, in version 1.148.
> This is a VC problem I think.  I use split windows and stuff.

> For a check-in, a new window is created to type the message.  After
> finalizing the message (C-c C-c), I used to get one window less.

Bother. I just did a quick test here and reproduced the problem. Darn.

A quick recipe to validate it:
C-x 2
C-x C-f /r:host:file/in/rcs
check out
edit
check in

There is only one window :(

Darn.

OK. It's not the fault of RCP. It's actually a feature(tm) of VC.

Try the same thing on a local file and you will see it act the same way.

        Daniel

--
A man can no more diminish God's glory by refusing to worship Him than a
lunatic can put out the sun by scribbling the word 'darkness' on the walls of