On Thu, 3 Feb 2000, Gerd Bavendiek <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> I'm working as system admin. Very often I have to change config files
> on a couple of unix boxes. So I edit a local copy of e.g. /etc/hosts,
> copy the file to the targets and still have the master on my laptops
> disk.

[...]

> So it ends up in calling scp.
>
> This is by no means really flexible. Sometimes I could use rcp instead
> of scp, which I couldn't manage to put in this schema.
>
> I'm wondering whether rcp.el can be used in this scenario ...

Sure could. If you have rcp.el running, you can just call `copy-file'
for each place you want it to go, such as:

(copy-file "local.file" "/r@scp:host:/remote.file")
(copy-file "local.file" "/r@rcp:another.host:/remote.file")

That way you take advantage of the rcp support for many protocols when
transferring. Adapting this to your lisp is left as an exercise for the
reader ;)

        Daniel

--
It may sound strange coming from a research man, but an attempt to get too
many facts will often leave you without any real knowledge at all.